Behavioural Medicine Fitness Centre
Exercise intervention studies take place at the Behavioural Medicine Fitness Centre (BMFC).
The primary research participants are
- cancer patients from the Cross Cancer Institute (CCI)
- cancer survivors from the Edmonton and surrounding Community
- persons from the community at high risk for cancer
The BMFC is located in the Research Transition Facility and is fully equipped with the latest exercise equipment. The Centre is equipped with
- Life Fitness treadmills,
- Life Fitness recumbent and upright cycle ergometers,
- Life Fitness elliptical cross trainers,
- and APEX selectorized resistance machines.
- Other equipment also includes hand weights, exercise balls, and a stretching area.
The BMFC operates primarily by appointment.
Complimentary parking is available at the BMFC. Our parking spots are on the west side of the building, in the EDC parking lot.
- Once you have joined a study, you will be issued a parking pass to use during the duration of your participation
- Please place your parking pass on your car's dashboard
- If parking stalls are full, please purchase a ticket at the ticket booth and we will reimburse you.
- Cost is $1.25 per 30 minutes and correct change is required
How to get to the Behavioural Medicine Fitness Centre
The Behavioural Medicine Fitness Centre is located at the University of Alberta, west of the Health Sciences LRT Station, in the Research Transition Facility, 8308-114 Street.
- From 87 Avenue, turn south next to the Jubilee Theatre
- Our parking lot is located just south of the Jubilee building (not the parkade)
- Pay stalls are located at the entrance of the outdoor parking lot
The BMFC is located at the northwest corner and the only access to the BMFC is through the northwest door.
Map to the Centre and Parking